The International Symposium on Olfaction and Electronic Nose (ISOEN) is the world’s premiere technical conference in artificial chemoreception (olfaction and taste). ISOEN 2017 provides a forum for scientists, engineers and practitioners to share their latest findings, innovations and products in the area of artificial chemoreception. This time the 17th International Symposium on Olfaction and Electronic Nose will be held at McGill University, in the heart of Montreal, Canada and it will be organized around the theme of ubiquitous sensing with mobile, wearable, and distributed chemosensors.
ISOEN emphasizes interdisciplinary approaches addressing all aspects of odor and taste measurement, from basic theory to applications. Topics of interest include but are not limited to:
- Odor sampling: headspace analysis, dynamic sampling, pre-concentration and storage
- Chemical sensors: gas, biosensors, ion-selective, optical
- Sensor systems: electronic noses, electronic tongues, micro-spectrometers
- Data analysis: signal processing, pattern recognition, chemometrics
- Industrial applications: quality control, food safety, medical diagnostics, environmental monitoring
- Odor generation: olfactometry, olfactory displays
- Bio-engineering: cell-based olfactory sensors, bio-inspired algorithms
Now in its 17th edition, ISOEN 2017 will be organized around the theme of ubiquitous sensing with mobile, wearable, and distributed chemosensors. In particular, they welcome contributions in the following areas:
- Crowd sensing with consumer-grade instruments
- Wearable sensors for exposure monitoring
- Autonomous sensing with aerial, ground and underwater robots
- Algorithms for distributed chemical sensing
Prospective authors are invited to submit full-length papers, with up to three pages (double column) for technical content including figures and possible references. Presented papers will be included in the proceedings of ISOEN 2017 and in IEEE Xplore –pending formatting requirements being met.
More info about this event here.
If you find this article interesting, you might also be interested in these articles.
- 16th International Symposium on Olfaction and Electronic Noses ISOEN 2015, 28th June to 1st July in Dijon, France
- ISOEN2015. Early Bird Registration rate ending April 29
- ISOEN 2013, 15th International Symposium on olfaction and Electronic Nose. July 2-5, 2013 in Daegu, Korea
- ISOEN 2011 - International Symposium on Olfaction and Electronic Nose
- Considerations on Sampling and Measurement of Odours (VDI 3880 & VDI 3885/1) and eNoses