We are very happy to share with you that we just duplicated the number of abstracts received for the next Conference on Odour and VOCs Management that will take place in Valladolid, Spain as compared to the previous one in Bilbao, Spain. Isn't that amazing? Also the quality of the abstracts is again really high. There is a very interesting mix of research paper, case studies and practical applications plus a few fascinating concept papers. The Scientific Committee is now evaluating the quality and the content of the abstracts presented.
We will probably do parallel sessions as there is literally no time to present these papers in two days, unless we do pechakuchas. We are still open to receive any abstract you may send us, but there are chances that it will probably be a poster, as we are running out of free slots for presentations. As the official language of this conference is Spanish, most of the papers are unfortunately in Spanish. However, some of them are in English.
The following list shows the submitted abstracts:
Session I: Odour formation in the Environment. Odour perception. Odour legislation, norm and regulations
- Arias: Odourcollect, an experiment of citizen science to create collaborative odour maps.
- Nolazco Tapia: Strategies to regulate annoying odours in the district of Miraflores, Lima, Peru.
- Cardona: Normative required for accreditation of a dynamic olfactometric lab in Colombia
- López Etxebarria: Guideline to design ventilation and air treatment in WWTPs.
- Bokowa: Critical review of the Odour legislation in the world.
- Caimanque: Odour management in Chile. ¿how far have we reached?
- García-Borreguero: The specific issues in environmental permits of odour-emitting activities.
Session II: VOCs, odour measurement and GHG
- González Alé: Gaseous emissions in processes of biological waste treatment Composting, WWPTs and Waste facilities.
- Severi: Stimation of the critical working time of a biofilter to mitigate the atmospheric emission of estirene and other VOCs in the industry of the fiber reinforced and poliester in Mendoza, Argentina.
- Saucedo Lucero: Monitoring and biological abatement of indoor hexane, bencene, MIBC, toluene and xilene
- Camacho: Bacteriological Fungic consortiums to abate methane.
- Prenafeta-Boldú: Impact of the post-harvesting period in the methane emissions of rice fields in the river delta of Ebro.
Session III: Dynamic Olfactometry and other techniques. QA&QC checks
- Pastrana: Sensory and chemical quantification of offensive odours in the campo castilla of Ecopetrol S.A. in Colombia
- Zacarías: Comparison between odour questionnaires (VDI 3883) and analytic measurement of Total Reduced Sulfur.
- Oreka: Internal register of odour events around an oil refinery in the North of Spain.
Session IV: Calculation of the odour impact. Odour dispersion modelling
- Toledo Padrón: Evaluation of the odorous impact and monitoring of the composting process of different raw materials
- Felisi: Collective diagnosis of odour impact.
- Andresen: Odour management system, timeline, odour impact, observations, complaints, meteorology, sensors
- Camelli: Modeling the dispersion of hydrogen sulfide emitted in turbulent flows.
- Ramos: Management of odour episodes by means of social participation and retrotrajectory calculations.
- Cardona: Results of concentration and odour dispersion in the WWTP el salitre located in Bogota – Colombia
- Zacarías: Comparison of the plume method (VDI 3940-2) and CALPUFF dispersion model.
- Cartelle: PrOlor: further improvements in the system to forecast odours events two days beforehand.
- Valdenebro: Analysis of odour events by means of simulation, field olfactometry and citizen complaints.
- Companioni: Application of GC-IMS techniques to analyse volatile compounds responsible of odour impact in industrial odour abatement systems.
- Van Harreveld: Where does that smell originate? Continuous odour monitoring or using wind field modelling?
Session V: Electronic devices for VOCs and odourant monitoring.
- Díaz Blanco: Análisis of an e-nose and correlation with GC-MS of organic volatile compounds during composting of the organic fraction of solid urban wastes.
- Lozano Rogado: Development of a personal e-nose for smartphones to measure odours in the environment.
- Santos Blanco: Wireless E-noses to detect volatile organic compounds and urban pollutants.
Session VI: Odourant and VOCs abatement techniques
- Calzada Garzón: Advanced methods and nanotechnology to efficiently abate odours from industrial sources and water treatment plants.
- Recaj: Non forced deodorization in confined spaces.
- Marin de Jesus: Biogas treatment with recovery of nutrients from the digestate in an outdoor lagooning fotobioreactor by means of algal-bacteria.
- González: Odour abatement using ozone oxidation. Some success cases.
- Alfajarin: Installation of an odour neutralizing system by means of an osmogenic barrier.
- Lorenzo Cosp: Advanced odour abatement systems. Successful stories in industrial activities.
- Amo Peña: Using a propulsion system to improve the atmospheric dispersion in ducted emission sources in the auxiliary meat industry.
- Kim: Desulfurization of biogas by aeration
- Martin: Minimization and abatement of annoying odours by means of physical-chemical treatments
- Aroca: Abatement of the emission of annoying odours in a turkey byproduct plant.
- Saldarriaga Ospina: Capture of CO2 by means of a isolated microalgae consortium from leachate of a waste plant with column photobioreactors
- Callejo: Obtención de proteínas y aminoácidos libres a partir de microalgas aplicables a la depuración de gases
- Vergara-Fernández: Biofiltración de una mezcla de gases de benzo[a]pireno, tolueno y formaldehido, utilizando un consorcio hongo/bacteria
- Martinez Soria: Biofiltro percolador como tecnología para el control de emisiones industriales de COVs: estudio de viabilidad en casos reales
- Silva V: Biogas biodesulfurization by a biotricling filter under anoxic condition
- Rojo: Proposal to improve a mixed bed to abate toluene Propuesta de mejora de un soporte mixto para el tratamiento de corrientes contaminadas con tolueno
- Hort: Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) in indoor air and its treatment by biofiltration-adsorption
- Güell Brugué: Control and environmental odour neutralization by means of dry vapour tecnology of A.M. Gualba S.L.
- Santos-Clotas: Abatement of biogas siloxanes in a trickling filter with activated carbon.
- Velázquez: Successful case of measurement and odour control using organic biocatalisers and field olfactometry.
- González-Sánchez: Biofiltration of H2S odors
- Sánchez Ramírez: Experiences in the management of odours from urban WWTPs.
- Andrés Tomás: Comparative essay in a biofilter with organic and inorganic beds for VOC abatement.