The IWA Odour and Air Emissions Conferences are one of the worldwide leading odour conferences, together with the WEF and the NOSE events. The next one will take place in less than a month in Warsaw, Poland and the preliminary program has been finally published.
The IWA people is eager to meet up and catch up with things. Following the cancellation of the past conference due to the tragic events that occurred in Paris, there has been a long period of 4 years since the last conference took place in San Francisco in 2013. Now the waiting is over and in just a month the show will start. But, what can we expect from this conference?
The event will have most of the time 2 parallel sessions with 53 presentations, divided in the "odour" part and the "odour abatement" part. The presentations will be divided in different sessions: Odorants & odour measurement/monitoring, Biofiltration, chemical scrubbers and masking agents, Field measurements, Odour dispersion modelling and e-noses, Odour mitigation strategies and odour management, Source characterisation and odour mapping, Sampling and other applications of odour measurement, Community engagement, social media and citizen action. The icing on the cake will be the last session about Air quality policy and associated regulations populated with an interesting selection of presentations.
During two and a half days, many odour experts worldwide will meet to discuss about several important advances in environmental odour management, helping to take a step forward towards a better air quality in the world.
This event is organised by Mr. Radoslaw Barczak (Radek for many of us) and also Anna Olszyna, Anna Rolewicz-Kalińska, Anna Sodoś-Bartosiewicz, Katarzyna Soporek, Mirosław Szyłak-Szydłowski and Agnieszka Tabernacka. We are sure that this event will be a complete success, however, should you have any question contact at any time the organization here.
If you find this article interesting, you might be also interested in these articles.
- 6th IWA Odour and Air Emissions Conference, Paris 16-18 November 2015
- 5th IWA Odour and Air Emissions Conference Jointly Held With 10th Conference on Biofiltration for Air Pollution Control. March 4 – 7, 2013, San Francisco, California, USA
- 4th IWA Conference on Odours and Vocs, Vitoria, Brazil, 17th-21st October 2011
- 3rd IWA International Conference on Odours and VOCs – Measurement, Regulation & Control Techniques. 8-10 October 2008 in Barcelona.
- 2nd IWA International Conference on Odour & VOCs: Measurement, Regulation and Control Techniques, Singapore, 14-17 September 2003