Thanks to all of you, we have finally made it happen and we are very happy about it. The First conference about Odour Management in the Environment has gathered the best experts in the Iberian Peninsula and also from the other side of the ocean in the latin-american countries and we have all enjoyed their experiences.
This was the first time these issues were discussed in Spanish language at a scientific level and we hope we can repeat this event again.
An approach towards the foundation of an Association was taken, but after some discussions, this step was considered not neccesary yet. However, the first Working Group about odour management in Spanish was set. A lesser scale than an Association, but it defines in any case some sort of "preliminary understanding".
The speakers of the opening ceremony were the following:
- Mr. Mariano González Sáez, General Director of Environmental Evaluation of the Regional Environment and Planning Ministry of Madrid.
- Dr. Ton van Harreveld, Member of the International Association of Applied Olfactometry (IAAO) and CEO of Odournet.
- Dr. Patricio Reich Toloza, expert in odour Engineering and partner founder of The Synergy Group (TSG Chile)
- Dr. Ignacio Valor Herencia. Director of Environmental Services and Internationa Business Development of Aqualogy.
As a first appetizer, here you can see the video of the opening ceremony of the Conference (unfortunately in Spanish). Enjoy it!
If you find this article interesting, you might also be interested in these articles.
- Official program of the Conference on Environmental Odour Management in Madrid, 27-28 Nov 2012
- 5th IWA Odour and Air Emissions Conference Jointly Held With 10th Conference on Biofiltration for Air Pollution Control. March 4 – 7, 2013, San Francisco, California, USA
- Olores.org will organize the First Conference of odours in the Environment in Madrid. 27th to 28th November 2012.
- 26th European Conference on Solid-State Transducers will take place the 9-12 September, 2012 in Krakow, Poland
- 4th IWA Conference on Odours and Vocs, Vitoria, Brazil, 17th-21st October 2011 .