The 22nd of June 2015, a new version of the CALPUFF software has been released. The Version 7 of the CALPUFF modeling system contains many new features. The model updates introduce new source types including roadways and flare modeling. The new pre-processor SURFGEN which can process sub-hourly ASOS data and the post-processors CALRANK, CALAVE and CALMAX are also now available.
This version 7 includes all the new features introduced in Version 6 (which is now being deprecated), such as the ISORROPIA (now updated to v2.2) inorganic gas-particle equilibrium model, aqueous phase chemistry and an anthropogenic secondary organic aerosol (SOA) module based on the CMAQ/MADRID model; options to use sub-hourly time steps for both meteorological and emissions data, nested grid capabilities; an option in CALPOST to compute daily peak one-hour concentration values consistent with the new U.S. 1-hour SO2 and NO2 standards.
For more info about this release, please check the official website www.src.com
If you find this article interesting, you might be also interested in these articles.
- CALPUFF website is now owned by Exponent
- A new CALPUFF update by the US EPA recently published
- CALPUFF and Odours Training Course Insights
- Comparison of AERMOD and SYMOS'97 models for calculating odor dispersion: A study case in Uttenweiler
- Course on Odour Science & Management - 26-28 May, 2014, Auckland, NZ