The next meeting on odour annoyance mapping by using citizen science will take place next 18th of September This is the fourth meeting of the group of experts but it will be the first face-to-face session. The group will continue the work done focusing on the way to link odour and annoyance.
According to the International Environmental Society of Odour Managers (AMIGO, for its acronym in Spanish), the group has chosen a new coordinator José Manuel Felisi. The new convenor has worked for a few years in a project dealing with citizens science in a small town in Alicante exposed to odours from a couple of landfills and a waste water treatment plant.
The meeting will take place in the facilities of the Barcelona Metropolitan Authority (AMB). For more information, or to participate in the development of this standard, you may contact the coordinator here.
If you find this article interesting, you might be also interested in these articles:
- A new standard on an Annoyance Benchmark?
- The D-NOSES project got 3.2 million Euro from the EU to develop a tool for odour citizen reporting
- Identification of Polluters with the Help of the Odourmap Webtool
- Odor-GIS™ the new web-based application electronic repository for all of your odor data
- Omniscientis, a project based on odour modelling, citizen feedback and sensor technology