The Global NEST Journal is an open access journal that publishes original research articles, short papers and critical reviews on all aspects of Environmental Science and Technology. For their number of December, they have prepared a special number with some articles related to odour management.
The topics are mostly related to Instrumental Odour Monitoring Systems (IOMS). For example one of the papers deals with the use of IOMSs to calculate the efficiency rate of an abatement technique based on a microbial cocktail in a sewer. Efficiencies of 74% were found with this technique by using IOMSs. The improvement of sensory odour intensity scale using 1-butanol reference solutions is another one of the topics addresed. Another paper describes a procedure to train IOMSs and a couple of papers deal with the use of UV/Ozone oxidation for abating odours and the characterization of odour emissions from composting by using remote sensing with methane as a tracer.
The papers can be accessed for free no registration needed here.
If you find this article interesting, you might also be interested in these articles.
- Open-Access Licence of olores.org
- ISOEN2019 will take place in Fukuoka, Japan the 26-29 May 2019
- Calibration of o-sensors? Is that possible? Some inputs from the last meeting in Berlin
- Laura Capelli. Latest findings in the field of area source sampling.
- V Conference of Odours and VOCs in the Environment, 26-27 November 2019, Santiago, Chile