Dynamic olfactometry according to EN 13725:2004 methodology (approved in Chile as NCh 3190:2010) is recognized worldwide for odor quantification. It is therefore essential to have panel members with specific qualities,
S. Sanchez1 y V. Zorich M.1
1 Ecometrika, Av. Américo Vespucio 2296, Conchalí, Santiago, Chile (www.ecometrika.com). firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com.
Keyword: interlaboratory tests, assesors, EN 13725:2004, repeatability, accuracy, quality.
Dynamic olfactometry according to EN 13725:2004 methodology (approved in Chile as NCh 3190:2010) is recognized worldwide for odor quantification. It is therefore essential to have panel members with specific qualities, representative of the normal population.
To familiarize a new panelist with olfactometric procedures, she or he must be trained and subsequently individual measurements are tracked in order to ensure repeatability of results. To achieve this goal, inter-laboratory tests are an important tool for the assessment of internal lanoratory quality and meeting the defined statistical parameters. In particular, precision in terms of repeatability (r) and accuracy (A), key elements of the EN 13725 standard. In continuous tests conducted since 2007, we have shown that this is the way to rigorously measure and prove the performance of laboratories, panelists and in general to correct errors. This also provides proof of technical competence when conducting odor studies.
In this paper we present how our participation in OLFAtec has triggered and promoted continuous quality improvement of our laboratory and assesors.
- Find this article in other languages:
- اللغة العربية
If you find this article interesting, you might be also interested in these articles.
- Official program of the Conference on Environmental Odour Management in Madrid, 27-28 Nov 2012
- Monitoring the biofiltration of α-pinene vapours through municipal solid waste and pruning residues composts using an e-nose
- Evaluation of capacity of a TD-GCO-MS system in air sample analysis
- 5th IWA Odour and Air Emissions Conference Jointly Held With 10th Conference on Biofiltration for Air Pollution Control. March 4 – 7, 2013, San Francisco, California, USA
- Odour Impact and Odour emission characterization by means of olfactometry and physicochemical analysis techniques