This 2nd Chinese-Austrian Workshop on Environmental Odour is organised by well crowded bunch of universities and technological centers of China and Austria. This second workshop is organized by the Eurasia-Pacific Uninet, the Tongji University, the Fudan University, the University of Veterinary Medicine Vienna, the Central Institute of Meteorology and Geodynamics of Austria, the University of Innsbruck and the Austrian Academy of Sciences, will take place in the Tongji University in Shangai, China, the 20th & 21st September 2016.
Environmental odour is a major concern of residents in the vicinity of odour sources. This workshop will treat the entire chain from the odour source, the dilution in the atmosphere up to the perception of odour by the nose of residents. The workshop will include the characterization of the odour source by emission factors and emission models, the use of dispersion models to describe the transport and dilution in the atmosphere, the assessment of the relevant stimuli concentration and the odour impact criteria.
The scope of the workshop is to include all types of odours related to industry (e.g. rendering plants, refineries), municipal plants (e.g. waste water treatment plants, solid waste landfills), and animal husbandry. The meeting will offer the possibility for the participants to exchange views and to achieve a better understanding of the specific aspects relevant to odour problems.
The registration form for this event will be available in February 2016 and the proceedings will be published as open access extended abstracts in the Journal Austrian Contributions to Veterinary Epidemiology (acve.vu-wien.ac.at).
For more info about this event, please check the website of the event here.
Download the preliminary leaflet here.
If you find this article interesting, you might also be interested in these articles.
- The NOSE2016 is here. The 5th International Conference on Environmental Odour Monitoring & Control will take place the 28-30 September 2016.
- WEF Conference on Odors and Air Pollutants 2016 in March 21–24 in Milwaukee.
- 18th Workshop Odour and Emissions of Plastic Materials, 7-8 March 2016 in Kassel, Germany
- The First International Odour Conference (MKO 2016) in Gdansk, Poland the 18th to 20th of April 2016
- Estimating Odour Nuisance From a Conventional Swine Farm