Following the successful lead of previous workshops, we have this year another edition of the Chinese-Austrian Workshop on Environmental Odour (Odour Emission - Dispersion - Impact Assessment – Abatement). This time, this event will take place at the University of Science and Technology of Beijing, between 19th & 20th October 2017. This interesting workshop is organized under the auspices of the Eurasia-Pacific Uninet.
Environmental odour is a major concern of residents in the vicinity of odour sources. This workshop will treat the entire chain from the odour source, the dilution in the atmosphere up to the perception of odour by the nose of residents as well as abatement strategies.
The workshop will include the characterization of the odour source by emission factors and emission models, the use of dispersion models to describe the transport and dilution in the atmosphere, the assessment of the relevant stimuli concentration and the odour impact criteria. The scope of the workshop is to include all types odorous substances related to the industry (e.g. rendering plants, refineries), municipal plants (e.g. waste water treatment plants, solid waste landfills), and animal husbandry.
The goal of the workshop is the exchange ideas and to achieve a better understanding of the specific aspects relevant to environmental odour.
The workshop will be hosted by Prof. Dr. Jiemin Liu, School of Chemistry and Biological Engineering, University of Science and Technology Beijing. For further questions please contact Dr. Chuandong Wu ().
The registration form will be available in July 2017. The proceedings will be published as open access with an individual DOI as well as in the Journal Austrian Contributions to Veterinary Epidemiology (acve.vu-wien.ac.at).
Photo (2016 edition of this workshop).
If you find this article interesting, you might also be interested in these articles.
- II Chinese-Austrian Workshop on Environmental Odour in Shanghai, China, the 20th & 21st September 2016
- The 11th Asian Conference on Chemical Sensors (ACCS2015) will be hold in Penang, Malaysia on November 16-18, 2015
- ISOEN 2013, 15th International Symposium on olfaction and Electronic Nose. July 2-5, 2013 in Daegu, Korea
- New International Congress of the DOS in Tokyo, Japan, 8-9 December 2014
- Call for abstracts for the II Chinese-Austrian Workshop on Environmental Odour in Shangha