The 8th IWA conference on odour and VOC/air emissions will take place in the beautiful city of Hangzhou in China. This mid-october 2019 conference is one of the major international ones together with the WEF conference and the NOSE. This time, the conference is organized by the Universities of Zhejiang and Tianjin.
As decided in the last IWA Specialist Group on “Odours and Volatile Emissions” meeting, Prof Dezhao Liu will be the chair of this event. Traditionally the organizer of these events take also the chair of the IWA Specialist Group. Authors wishing to participate in this conference are invited to submit abstracts by email or online via the official website (not available yet).
Hangzhou is the capital and most populous city of Zhejiang Province in east China. The Hangzhou metropolitan area is the fourth-largest in China with a population of over 20 million people and it is a major hub in technology. For example, the e-commerce giant Alibaba is based in this city.
The conference will focus on the following main subject areas:
- Policy and associated regulations for odour and air quality
- Odour / VOC measurement, monitoring&sensor technologies
- Odour/VOC perception, impact, formation and dispersion
- GHG emissions, particulate matter and industrial emissions
- Source characterisation odour/VOC mapping and
- Odour/VOC abatement, mitigation and neutralization
- Odour/VOC from wastewater, sewer systems and livestock
- Air emissions and sustainable solutions for waste handling
- Community engagement, media and citizen action social
- Big data / data analytics
For more info on this event click here.
Check the official website of the event here.
If you find this article interesting, you might be also interested in these articles:
- The 6th IWA Odour and Air Emissions Conference cancelled.
- The IWA 2013 Conference to become Most-Viewed olores.org article ever
- Call for papers is open for the 7th IWA Odours and Air Emissions Conference, 25th-27th September 2017
- A successful IWA conference in Warsaw
- Meeting of the IWA Odour Specialist Group in Warsaw, Poland.