Nuisance emissions can have a substantial impact upon the quality of peoples’ life especially when it is associated with waste handling and treatment plants, wastewater and sludge treatment plants and the application of materials to land. In the UK, nuisance odours from industrial, trade and business premises are regulated by local councils under the Environment Act 1990 and controlled under H4 guidance.
This event about odour management —COC 2018— will be held in Calgary, Alberta, Canada this December 4 and 5, 2018. According to the organizers, this international event will have more than 20 presentations covering various topics from air emissions, odour control, nuisance and monitoring from national and international experts.
There has been a few events in Canada regarding odour management, in Toronto and Quebec city. This time, this new event on odour management is organized by the company Environmental Odour Consulting (E.O.C.), a consulting firm that specializes in odour assessment, odour testing and ambient odour monitoring.
The organizers are doing very well. There is no doubt about this, as every year more and more people are attending the Water Environmental Federation (WEF) series on odor management. There is a new record of attendance this time with 380 people from all around the world registered for this conference on Odors and Air Pollutant that took place in the last week of March.
The WEF conferences are usually very lively and always count on a very nice array of companies dealing with odor management and control. This time almost 40 exhibitors were showing their products and services at the conference, which is quite a bit considering this very small world of odor management people.
Weitere Beiträge ...
- 8th IWA Odour & VOC/Air Emission Conference 14-17 October 2019 Hangzhou, China
- 20th Conference Odour and Emissions of Plastic Materials, 20-21 March 2018 in Kassel, Germany
- Round table about Consolidated knowledge and open issues on characterization and management of olfactory nuisances in Trieste, Italy
- A very successful workshop organized by Olfasense in Kiel, Germany
- Open the registration for the WEF 2018 Conference in Portland
- NOSE2018 will take place in Milan, Italy the 9-12 September 2018