Nuisance emissions can have a substantial impact upon the quality of peoples’ life especially when it is associated with waste handling and treatment plants, wastewater and sludge treatment plants and the application of materials to land. In the UK, nuisance odours from industrial, trade and business premises are regulated by local councils under the Environment Act 1990 and controlled under H4 guidance.
This event about odour management —COC 2018— will be held in Calgary, Alberta, Canada this December 4 and 5, 2018. According to the organizers, this international event will have more than 20 presentations covering various topics from air emissions, odour control, nuisance and monitoring from national and international experts.
There has been a few events in Canada regarding odour management, in Toronto and Quebec city. This time, this new event on odour management is organized by the company Environmental Odour Consulting (E.O.C.), a consulting firm that specializes in odour assessment, odour testing and ambient odour monitoring.
As you probably know, the Department of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Science of the University of Trieste organized a round table together with the Order of Chemists from the Italian region of Friuli-Venezia Giulia about the state of the science and technologies and open issues in olfactory nuisances characterization and management.
The organizers have distributed the slides of the presentations of the Round Table on open issues in olfactory nuisance that took place last February in Trieste, Italy in case anyone is interested.
More Articles ...
- A very successful WEF Odors and Air Pollutants conference took place in Portland
- 8th IWA Odour & VOC/Air Emission Conference 14-17 October 2019 Hangzhou, China
- VVM organizes a Dutch National Odour Congress 2018
- 20th Conference Odour and Emissions of Plastic Materials, 20-21 March 2018 in Kassel, Germany
- Round table about Consolidated knowledge and open issues on characterization and management of olfactory nuisances in Trieste, Italy
- A very successful workshop organized by Olfasense in Kiel, Germany