The Graz Lagrangian (GRAL) system is a closed-source Lagrangian particle model with a free Graphic User Interface (GUI) available in both Linux and Windows. This model has a special module focused on odour dispersion modelling and now, a new beta release has been distributed in the mail list of users, with an extensive list of changes.
People interested in testing and trying this new beta, should subscribe to the official website of the project here. The current version 19.1 has been updated to the version 20.1. According to the release notes, this is the third beta of this version. There is no information on when the final version will be released.
This model has an extensive documentation and it has been tested in many situations. There is also a YouTube channel with many tutorials about how to use the model, so it is easier for newcomers to start modelling.
For more info, and to download the latest beta register at the website here.
(Source of the photo: GRAL website)
If you find this article interesting, you might be also interested in these articles:
- 4th GRAL User Workshop will be hold in Innsbruck, Austria, on 12 – 13 March 2019
- A new update on CALPUFF. The version 7 of this lagrangian model is here.
- CALPUFF and Odours Training Course Insights
- Comparison of AERMOD and SYMOS'97 models for calculating odor dispersion: A study case in Uttenweiler
- The 4th GRAL User Workshop to be held in Innsbruck, Austria, from 12 – 13 March 2019