The draft of the new Standard EN 13725:2019 has been published in English and German by the Association of German Engineers (VDI). The draft of the “Stationary source emissions - Determination of odour concentration by dynamic olfactometry and odour emission rate from stationary sources” is available in German and English version: prEN 13725:2019
The Working Group 2 of the Technical Comittee 264 of the European Committee for Standardization (CEN) had the task of reviewing the existing European Standard, which has been developed taking into account 284 working documents and 14 meetings of a group of over 20 people.
After 6 years of discussions, the draft is already here. This standard will address some of the key issues identified in the last standard, such as sample storage and materials for olfactometry, reference material for panel selection and panel management procedures, sampling of passive area sources (without flow), sampling of active area sourcess, dynamic dilution during stack sampling, implications of EN 15259 Air quality - measurement of stationary source emissions and other relevant sampling standards, calculation of uncertainty, compatibility of Yes/No and Forced Choice methods and health and safety issues.
The final Standard EN 13725 is expected to be available later this year.
You can purchase the VDI draft here.
If you find this article interesting, you might also be interested in these articles:
- The draft of the new Standard EN 13725 has been sent for enquiry
- 13th meeting of the CEN/TC 264/WG 2 in Berlin. What happened there?
- 12th Meeting of the CEN Working Group 2 in Barcelona
- 11th Meeting of the CEN Working Group 2 in Bilbao
- The 10th meeting of the European Standardization Committee group about olfactometry took place in Delft
- Is this the end of n-butanol for olfactometry?