In this report, the state of the legislation related with environmental odours in the Netherlands is reviewed. It could be said that this is one of the most advanced legislation in the world in this field and its content could be of use for any other legislation about environmental odour emission. Several activities has been selected from the list of potential air-emitting activites in the Netherlands due to potential odour release emissions.
1. Faculty of Biology University of Seville.
Competing interests: The author has declared that no competing interests exist.
Academic editor: Carlos N Díaz.
Citation: Montalban F (2008) Legislación Sobre Olores en Holanda (Legislation on environmental odours in The Netherlands). www.olores.org.
Recibido: 8 de mayo 2008; Aceptado 26 junio 2008; Publicado 1 septiembre 2008.
Copyright: 2008 olores.org. open access Creative Commons, It is allowed to download, reuse, reprint, modify, distribute, and/or copy articles in olores.org website, so long as the original authors and source are cited. No permission is required from the authors or the publishers.
Keywords: Odours, legislation, The Netherlands, Holland, Odour units, olfactometry.
- This article is just a draft.
- Find this article in other languages:
If you find this article interesting, you might be also interested in these articles.
- Netherlands Regulation containing the determination of odour emission factors, minimum distances for fur-bearing animals, the method of calculating odour intensity and of the method of determining distances.
- Netherlands Regulations with regard to odour nuisance caused by animal accommodation used in livestock farming (Odour Nuisance and Livestock Farming Act).
- Managing the impact of odour emissions from livestock activities.
- Estimating Odour Nuisance From a Conventional Swine Farm
- Odours in the Environment, a different kind of conference organised by the Association of German Engineers VDI.