The International Symposium on Olfaction and Electronic Nose (ISOEN) is organizing the 18th conference in the city of Fukuoka, Japan. ISOEN 2019 provides a forum for scientists, engineers and practitioners to share their latest findings, innovations and products in the area of artificial chemoreception.
A couple of years has passed since the last event in Montreal, Canada and now, it is time for another event, this time in Japan. ISOEN 2019 will be held at ACROS Fukuoka close to Fukuoka airport. Fukuoka is an energetic city and the centre of core city of politics, economy, culture and fashion in Kyushu located in western Japan.
ISOEN emphasizes interdisciplinary approaches addressing all aspects of odour and taste measurement, from basic theory to applications. Topics of interest include but are not limited to:
- Odour sampling: headspace analysis, dynamic sampling, pre-concentration and storage
- Chemical sensors: gas, biosensors, ion-selective, optical
- Sensor systems: electronic noses, electronic tongues, micro-spectrometers, IoT
- Data analysis: signal processing, pattern recognition, chemometrics, AI, deep learning
- Industrial applications: quality control, food safety, medical diagnostics, environmental monitoring
- Robotic systems: robots with chemical senses, drone
- Scent presentation: olfactometry, olfactory displays, human interface, virtual reality
- Odour/gustatory perception: evaluation of odour intensity/impression, cross-modal effect, sensory test
- ECG/EEG/NIRS measurement
- Bio-engineering: cell-based olfactory sensors, receptor-based sensors, bio-inspired algorithms
The Conference exhibit area will provide your company or organization with the opportunity to inform and display your latest products, services, equipment, books, journals, and publications to attendees from around the world.
For questions please contact the ISOEN 2019 organizing committee (Kiyoshi Toko, Takamichi Nakamoto, Santiago Marco, Kenshi Hayashi, Hiroshi Ishida, and Chris Dyer) at .
Read more about this conference here.
If you find this article interesting, you might also be interested in these articles.
- ISOEN 2017 will take place in Montreal, Canada, the 28 - 31 May 2017
- ISOEN2015. Early Bird Registration rate ending April 29
- ISOEN 2013, 15th International Symposium on olfaction and Electronic Nose. July 2-5, 2013 in Daegu, Korea
- ISOEN 2011 - International Symposium on Olfaction and Electronic Nose
- Considerations on Sampling and Measurement of Odours (VDI 3880 & VDI 3885/1) and eNoses