The 8th International Congress on Biotechniques for Air Pollution Control and Bioenergy (Biotechniques-2019) will take place in August 28-30, 2019, this time at the National University of Ireland Galway, Ireland. This biennial international conference will overview innovative biotechnology based on processes for waste gasses treatment. This symposium will represent an opportunity for discussion about several innovative research aspects of environmental chemistry, environmental engineering and bioprocess technology.
The event is co-organized by the National University of Ireland Galway (NUI Galway) and the BIOENGIN group of the University of La Coruña (Spain). Biotechniques-2019 will cover a wide variety of topics related to the application of environmental biotechnology for air pollution control, greenhouse gas mitigation, gas fermentation in bioreactors and clean (bio) fuels production and upgrading, among others.
Some of the topics that will be discussed in this conference are:
- Analytics: Biomarkers for air pollution, modelling, monitoring and control, etc.
- Waste gas treatment - process fundamentals: Chemistry of gaseous pollutants; biodegradation of volatile compounds and air pollutants; microbiological aspects of waste gas treatment.
- Waste gas treatment - process engineering: Biotechniques to treat emerging pollutants, phytoremediation and wetlands for air pollution; industrial, pilot and full-scale applications, etc.
- Biofuels: Biological gas purification and upgrading of gas quality, biofuels, etc.
- Emerging areas: Odour and corrosion measurement and control; indoor air treatment in buildings; landfill emissions; climate change and emission trading.
If you are interested in participating in this event these are the important dates and deadlines:
- Submission of oral or poster abstracts: 29th March 2019
- Notification of acceptance: 19th April 2019
- Full papers: 1st July 2019
- Early registration: 1st July 2019
Check the brochure here.
For more information about this conference, please visit the following link.
If you find this article interesting, you might also be interested in these articles.
- Biotechniques-2017, July 19-21, 2017, La Coruña, Spain
- Biotechniques is here again! 2-4 September 2015, Gent, Belgium
- 5th Conference on Biotechniques for Air Pollution Control and Bioenergy (Biotechniques) will take place in Nîmes, France the 10-13 September, 2013
- IVth International Conference on Biotechniques for Air Pollution Control (Biotechniques-2011), 12 - 14 October 2011, A Coruña, Spain
- 3rd International Symposium on Biotechniques for Air Pollution Control