The first draft of the BREF (Best Available Techniques (BAT) Reference Document ) on Waste Treatment (WT) has been issued on 18/12/2015 and the word "odour" appears 251 times. This is a measure of the importance of the odour management in this BREF. For example, in the recently reviewed and final Draft of the BREF Document for the Production of Pulp, Paper and Board, the word odours appears 148 times.
This is a good opportunity to revise the Draft and send some comments concerning the odour management field, for those of you who are involved in odour regulations. For example, for emissions to air from mechanical treatment of waste with calorific value there is a tipical range of 274 to 1020 ouE/m3.
You are still on time to add your comments and insights about this BREF on Waste Treatment (WT).
Read it and send your suggestions!
Please note that the Deadline to receive comments on this first Draft was the 18th March 2016.
Source: the European IPPC Bureau (EIPPCB)
If you find this article interesting, you might also be interested in these articles:
- Second draft of the BREF on Intensive Rearing of Poultry and Pigs (IRPP)
- The final draft of the BREF for the Intensive Rearing of Poultry or Pigs (IRPP) has been published.
- The Final Technical Working Group meeting for the review of the Intensive Rearing of Poultry and Pigs BREF.
- Odour control at a waste-to-energy anaerobic digestion plant by a full scale biofilter
- A landfill in US reached a $2M settlement in a lawsuit about odours