As previously announced, the 9th Odour & VOC/Air Emission Conference of the International Water Association (IWA) organized by Olores has received 78 abstracts. These abstracts are currently under evaluation by our Scientific Committee.
At present, abstracts have been distributed among members of the scientific committee. These members have been tasked with reviewing and evaluating abstracts received, and providing guidance to the authors. Each member of the scientific committee have 2 abstracts to review and each abstract will be peer reviewed.
We are glad to share with you the list of the submitted abstracts:
Policy and associated regulations for odour and air quality.
- Both, R. et al.: Limit values for odour in ambient air – A legal system applied all over Germany.
- Caimanque, D. et al.: Lessons Learned in the Elaboration of the First Odour Regulation in Chile (Spanish only)
- Kwiatkowski, K. et al.: Determination of hedonic odour effect based on polarity profiles.
- Larrauri, A. et al.: Adaptation to the requirements of the best available techniques (BAT) in waste treatment in a waste treatment complex.
- Koziel, J. et al.: Overview Odour Legislation around the world.
- van Harreveld, T. et al.: EN13725: New updates on the review of the Standard.
- van Harreveld, T. et al.: The long and winding road of CEN/TC264/WG41 developing a standard for validating instrumental odour measurement systems.
- Felisi, J.M. et al.: New nuisance mapping standard.(Spanish only).
- Danesh, E. et al.: IEEE P2520 – Standards for Testing Machine Olfaction Devices and Systems.
- Schauberger, G. et al.: New International Guideline on the Assessment of Odor Exposure Using Dispersion Modelling.
Odour/VOC measurement, monitoring&sensor technologies:
- Furieri, B. et al.: Estimating gas-side mass transfer coefficient for volatilisation inside a flux hood using computational fluid dynamics.
- Furieri, B. et al.: Influence of portable wind tunnel operational conditions on the emission rate of an odorant compound measured over a passive liquid surface.
- Furieri, B. et al.: Investigation of flow inside the portable wind tunnel through particle image velocimetry technique.
- Bian, Y. et al.: Using olfactometry to evaluate odor persistency from sites emitting odor.
- Polvara, E. et al.: Evaluation of occupational exposure risk for employees working in olfactometric analysis to odorous pollutants emitted from refineries.
- Bax, C. et al.: IOMS for the real-time monitoring of odour concentration at a msw landfill.
- Cipriano, D. et al.: First experiences for odour Proficiency Tests implementation using synthetic bench loops.
- De Baerdemaeker, N. et al.: Olfascan flying lab – an innovative way of performing air quality measurements by using state-of-the-art drone technology.
- Esclapez, M.D. et al.: Drone-based environmental odour monitoring: SNIFFDRONE.
- Mifsud, J.C. et al.: On line monitoring of Odor Unit (OU) emissions and odor sources identification, by using a new generation of gas and odors analyzers.
- Raes, N. et al.: The odour impact of broiler chickens – comparison of the theoretical approach with field panel measurements according to EN16841-2.
- Reimringer, W. et al.: Field test evaluation of instrumental odour monitoring systems with a novel in-situ calibration approach.
- Scheuren, M. et al.: First development of a gas sensor array for monitoring ammonia surface emission flux from grasslands.
- Dooms, E. et al.: Laboratory and field study on the analyses of siloxanes in biogas by TD-GC-MS.
- Haerens, K. et al.: Determination of volatile organic acids in odorous air samples using TD-GC-MS.Determination of volatile organic acids in odorous air samples using TD-GC-MS.
- Oliva, G. et al.: H2Odour for the standardized sampling and characterization of odour emissions from liquids.
- Cartelle, D. et al.:Application of coupled Eulerian and Lagrangian models in the microscale simulation of odour dispersion in the near field of wastewater treatment plants (Spanish only).
- Mesones, J. et al.: Air purification through advanced biofiltration and monitoring of the odour impact of its emissions through sensorisation and implementation of the AIRADVANCED platform (Spanish only).
- Torres, A. et al.: Real-time monitoring of odour emissions from a municipal solid waste management landfill using IoT early warning devices (Spanish only).
- Bootsman, S. et al.: Odour impact analysis with eNoses in residential area.
- Guillot, J. et al.: Main losses of sampled volatile compounds in nalophan bags: focus on sulphur compounds.
- Capelli, L. et al.: The Italian pilot for the HORIZON 2020 D-NOSES Project: combining citizen science and dispersion modelling to identify odour sources in the municipal area of Castellanza.
- Zorich, V. et al.: Top-down strategy: technology and big data for an odor-control master plan.
- Almarcha, D. et al.;Application Of An Advanced System For The Monitoring Of Wwtp Odour Emissions And Benefits To Use It
Odour/VOC perception, impact, formation and dispersion.
- Piñón, J. et al.: Improvement of odour dispersion modelling performance and capabilities using advanced continuous monitoring.
- Luckert, A. et al.: Dispersion modelling as a tool for assessment and management of odour emissions from a wastewater treatment plant.
- Zhang, Y. et al.: Impact assessment of odor nuisance and health risk and its variations from landfill surface.
- Meng, J. et al.: Characterization and health risk assessment of exposure to odorous pollutants emitted from the organophosphorus pesticide field.
- Capelli, L. et al.: Micrometeorological methods for the indirect quantification of odour emissions.
- Antón, A. et al.: Odor cost in the Basque Country (Spanish only).
- Cangialosi, F. et al.: A procedure to forecast odour impacts from an operative landfill based on daily data as a useful tool to minimize the nuisances on receptors.
Odour/VOC abatement, mitigation and neutralization.
- Sun, Z. et al.: Effects of exogenous acylated homoserine lactones for biofilm formation in biofilters.
- Liu, D. et al.: Removal of livestock odorants using dielectric barrier discharge reactor and byproducts formation.
- Liu, D. et al.: Interactions of the removal of organic odorant and inorganic odorants in biotrickling filters.
- Liu, D. et al.: Photocatalytic oxidation of odorous compounds using Zr-based MOF@TiO2 core-shell structured particles.
- Wang, C. et al.: Effect of quorum quenching on the biomass accumulation during VOCs biofiltration.
- Snidar, R. et al.: Use of multistage hybrid technology for the treatment of emissions that present critical issues in terms of variations of the contained mixtures and volatility.
- Balfagón, J. et al.: New chemical adsorbents that are more environmentally friendly and efficient (Spanish only).
- Webb, D.S. et al.: .Navigating the complex landscape of biological odour control solutions for waste water applications
- Lamprea Pineda, P.A. et al.: Mesophilic and thermophilic biofiltration of N,N-dimethylformamide: long-term performance evaluation and microbial communities’ evolution.
- Janga, K. et al.:Dynamic modeling and evolutionary optimization of a biofilter for biodegradation of ammonia and hydrogen sulphide.
- Valverde Ortiz, J.L. et al.: Study of odor reduction in sewage sludge by application of lime, in Arequipa - Peru.
- Senatore, V. et al.: Advanced photo-biotechnology for the simultaneous control of VOCs, odours and GHGs emissions in municipal solid waste treatment plants.
- Prado Rubianes, O. et al.: Technical and economic optimization of the deodorization of a coastal WWTP through biological processes.
- Kraakman, B. et al.: Overcoming bioavailability limitations for the treatment of low concentration gases such as odours and indoor air pollutants.
- González-Martín, J. et al.: Latex-based biofilms for indoor air purification.
- Witherspoon, J. et al.: An odour attribution study to determine the relative contribution from three facilities for the development of real-time odour monitoring.
- Gracian, C. et al.:Odorous VOC removal by an advanced water scrubber at cannes WWTP.
- Astigarraga Sastre, I. et al.: Odour reduction in a sanitation system with high salt intrusion (Spanish only).
- Calderon, A. et al.: Case study of the reduction of the impact of offensive odour emissions at the Aguas Claras domestic wastewater treatment plant (Spanish only).
Odour/VOC from waste water, sewer systems and livestock.
- Luckert, A. et al.: H2S odour management in a sewer pumping well through air quality measurement and dispersion modelling.
- Mohammedi, H. et al.: Improvement strategy for reducing the environmental impact of a wastewater treatment plant.
- Kumar, S. et al.: Development of point-of-use filtration system for harvested rainwater using natural indigenous material.
- Marquez, P. et al.: Comprehensive evaluation of granular activated carbon from a WWTP deodorisation system and regeneration for subsequent reuse (Spanish only).
- Furieri, B. et al.: Gaussian and computational fluid dynamics dispersion modelling of odorous compounds from wastewater treatment ponds nearby urban areas.
- Vilarroig, J. et al.: Innovative odour impact assesment for WWTP using experimental and dispersion modelling techniques.
- Macías, A. et al.: CFD modelling of odour impact on urban microscale: case study investigating a wastewater treatment plant.
- Valverde Ortiz, J.L. et al.: Study for odor reduction in a wastewater treatment plant by application of ferric chloride and/or sodium hypochlorite in Arequipa, Peru.
- Invernizzi, M. et al.: Experimental study about the influence of wind velocity and temperature on the emission rate of VOCs from liquid surface.
- Caretti, C. et al.: An automated and self-moving prototype for GHGs emission and aeration efficiency assessment in WRRFs.
- Keck, M. et al.: Odour concentration of various emitting area sources from cattle farms.
- Zapata Pinedo, J.E. et al.: Management plan for the control of offensive odours in the sewage system of the city of Cartagena Indias, Colombia (Spanish only).
Air emissions and sustainable solutions for waste handling.
- Liu, D. et al.: Ammonia reduction and recovery through wet scrubber/biotrickling filter combined with microalgae system.
- Jafar, H.A. et al.: Interpretation of particulate matter concentration at kerbside, urban and rural sites , Palestine.
- Frunella, S. et al.: Citizen science for odour impact assessment: retro trajectories analysis and comparison for different pilot cases in D-Noses european project.
- Schleenstein, G. et al.: Contributions on the use of citizen panelists in odour studies.
If you find this article interesting, you might be also interested in these articles:
- 9th IWA Odour & VOC/Air Emission Conference 26-27 October 2021 Bilbao, Spain
- Abstract submission deadline for the 9th IWA Conference has closed.
- Over 50 abstracts received for OLORES·19!