There are three major environmental trade fairs in Europe: IFAT in Munich, Pollutec in Lyon and Ecomondo in Rimini. Of these three, the only one that has, so far, opted for a special session on odour is Ecomondo. For several years, the Italian trade fair, Ecomondo, has included specific topics on odour. This year, a full morning of sessions has been scheduled under the title "Odour emissions: from abatement technologies to new control strategies". There is no cheaper place to learn about odour management with a registration fee of only 12 euros per day.
This year's programme also includes many presentations from relevant groups in the Italian field. Although most of the talks are in Italian, several are in English. The full programme of this Session can be accessed at the following link. The session will be held on 8 November.
The session will be chaired by three people not very well known in the field of odour management, at least for us: Gianluigi de Gennaro, University of Bari "Aldo Moro", Lucia Muto, ISPRA, Institute for Protection and Environmental Research and Gaetano Settimo, National Institute of Health.
The best way to get to Rimini is via Bologna airport. From there you can take a train to this eastern Italian city.
If you find this article interesting, you might also be interested in these articles:
- Odour Talks 2022: Odour Exposure & Annoyance, 27th of October 2022
- And that's a wrap on the 9th IWA Odour & VOC/Air Emission Conference
- WEF new Special Session on International Approaches to Odour Management in WWTPs
- Special session on Mobile Robot Olfaction in the new edition of Robot2022
- Conferenza Webinar La gestione degli impatti odorigeni – Scuola Odori