The company GSA counts on the last technology available for sampling and analysing odour concentration. The Colombian Norm NTC5880 is a transposition of the European Norm EN13725. Although there are other olfactometric labs in Colombia, none of them was accredited by the ISO/IEC 17025 following the NTC5880 Colombian Norm.
This accreditation was granted by the national standardization body IDEAM (Institute of Hydrology, Meteorology and Environmental Studies) of Colombia. However GSA is not the first entity to get an ISO 17025 accreditation following the NTC5880 as the company Inco Ambiental got this accreditation in first place. The key here is that in the scope of the accreditation of Inco Ambiental was included just sampling.
We have already written a bit about GSA. They have been working on environmental analysis for a very long time. They have several labs dealing with water, air, soil, sludge, waste and many other matrices. A few months ago GSA acquired an olfactometer and they began their first steps in this beautiful field of the environmental sciences.
The company is accredited for many other analysis and they detected that there were not other accredited labs in Colombia according to the recent Standard NTC 5880, Air Quality. Determination of Odour Concentration by Dynamic Olfactometry.
The olfactometer used by GSA/TQI is the recent Scentroid SC300 and will allow to the industries in Colombia with a way to comply with the Resolution 1541 of 2013 approved by the Colombian Ministry of Environment and Sustainable Development.
If you find this article interesting, you might be also interested in these articles.
- Regulatory process of offensive odors in Colombia
- Odour Emission is not an Issue any more in Colombia.The new Resolution 1541 has finally come true.
- NTC 5880. Approval of a new Air Quality Norm based on the EN 13725 in Colombia
- Successful Case Review Odor Control in a Company Dedicated to Rendering in Colombia, Implementing a Plan for Reducing Odour Impact Studies Supported with Olfactometry.
- The New Olfactometric Laboratory according to the Norm NTC 5880 in Medellin, Colombia