In Chile odour issues are becoming critical. The community is putting pressure on authorities and industry is being forced to take actions in order to minimize odour nuisances. There are approaches that allow delivering "reliable" results<
E. Contreras y V. Zorich M.
Ecometrika, Américo Vespucio 2296, Conchalí, Santiago, Chile. www.ecometrika.com, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keywords: Belgian plume method, odour exposure impact assessment, odour control master plan.
In Chile odour issues are becoming critical. The community is putting pressure on authorities and industry is being forced to take actions in order to minimize odour nuisances. There are approaches that allow delivering "reliable" results such as odour dispersion modelling, yet the question remains on how reliable the result of modelling can be. Are the results of modelling a true representation of the real odour impact and –most importantly– nuisances? In order to check the results obtained from a dispersion model, and validate how representative they are, it is essential and necessary to verify these. In this paper two case studies are presented that illustrate how methodologies by panel field can validate parallel modelling approaches. In both case, validation process was a valuable tool for detecting errors and obtaining reliable results. We conclude that modelling results must be validated by another methodology or they can be clearly misleading.
- Find this article in other languages:
- اللغة العربية
If you find this article interesting, you might be also interested in these articles.
- Official program of the Conference on Environmental Odour Management in Madrid, 27-28 Nov 2012
- Monitoring the biofiltration of α-pinene vapours through municipal solid waste and pruning residues composts using an e-nose
- Evaluation of capacity of a TD-GCO-MS system in air sample analysis
- 5th IWA Odour and Air Emissions Conference Jointly Held With 10th Conference on Biofiltration for Air Pollution Control. March 4 – 7, 2013, San Francisco, California, USA